Now that spring is right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about prepping your classic car for the spring show season. Even if your baby spent the winter in storage, she’ll still need a good polishing to get her looking her best.
Spring cleaning essentials for the interior:
- Vacuum – Make sure to get all those loose crumbs and dirt from the seat cracks and take out the floor mats for a good cleaning.
- Automotive carpet cleaner – If you have staining on your floor mats or fabric upholstery, carefully test a spot with the cleaner first to make sure bleeding does not occur.
- Soft cloths/sponges – It’s important that nothing you use to clean your car is rough or abrasive!
- Water – Try wetting a soft cloth with water first to remove spots or stains before moving on to harsher cleaners.
- Leather or vinyl cleaner – Depending on your seats, use the appropriate cleaner sparingly.
- Newspaper – Works great in place of a paper towel in cleaning windows and leaves a streak-free shine!
Spring cleaning essentials for the exterior:
- Feather duster – A quick dusting can give your car a fast touch-up when heavy cleaning is not needed.
- Car wash solution – Do not use dishwashing soap on your classic car!
- Wash mitt – Lamb’s wool mitts work great and won’t scratch your classic.
- Microfiber towels – Use for drying your car and don’t forget to dry the inside of your doorjambs.
- Rubber protectant – Use for black part of tires, such as Armor-All.
- White wall tire cleaner – Use carefully and avoid overspray on chrome or paint!
- Wax – Choose your favorite for protection and deep shine.
- Chrome polish – Keeps your car looking good!
The most important thing to do before you take your shiny, clean classic out for that first spring drive, however, is make sure you have the appropriate collector car insurance. Classic Auto Insurance can give you peace of mind and ultimate protection for your favorite vintage vehicle. Call us today or chat with an agent online to keep your classic on the road and looking good!
Do you have a favorite car care product? Tell us about it in the comments below!
About the Author
Drew Yagodnik is Vice President of Classic Automobile Insurance Agency, Inc. Classic Automobile Insurance Agency has been protecting collector, classic and exotics since 1992.