You may have seen the teasers Ford has been releasing for weeks now, and perhaps you even picked up on the Batman-like profile they were attempting to give their new Shelby release. But if you haven’t seen the new GT350 yet, you’re missing out on one of the best releases of the year! (Here is one of many videos Ford released in anticipation of the new Shelby…)
Yes indeed, the Shelby GT350 is still alive, and here are all of the reasons we’re excited about this new addition to the Ford line up for 2016
- Although this is the next car in the Shelby legacy, it very closely resembles the Boss, crossing the two breeds and making a supercharged beast of a road machine.
- There is nothing “normal” about this car. It comes fully equipped with cross-drilled carbon-ceramic brake rotors, 19 inch Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer performance tires, a center hood vent, fender vents behind the front and back wheels, and a rumored flat-plane crankshaft that will help this model hit over 8000 rpms, as well as a potential 500 horsepower.
- A 5.0 liter V8 will rest under the hood of this giant, offering 400 lb-ft of torque.
- The MagneRide system, which is a controlled magnetorheological damping system, which is a fancy way of saying that the system rapidly alters the shock stiffness at each corner of the vehicle, relieving tension from the suspension load of the GT. Several other high end models on the market already boast this system, but this is the first Ford to sport such a system.
- An exterior that will knock your classic car socks off with aluminum front fenders, a decklid spoiler, an aero tray, and a rear diffuser, among many other eye-catching options.
The new Shelby GT350 will be at our local dealers before we know it, and for specialty model muscle, they will be reasonably priced, starting around $50,000 for base models. If you decide to take one out for a test drive when they hit the lots, give Classic Auto a call and we can help you with a free, instant muscle car insurance
quote for the new addition to your garage! Call us today at 888-901-1338.