With the myriad of severe weather that's already hit the Midwest hard this year, the team at Classic Auto Insurance wanted to offer some tips to keeping your antique cars and motorcycles safe on the road. If strong storms are in your forecast, the safest place for you vehicle is stored in a secure garage; however, we all know storms hit without warning. What if you're taking your vintage sports car for a spin? Keep your radios on for the latest updates and take these precautions:
- Make personal risk management a priority and maintain your vehicle, making sure tires, wiper blades, and the rest of your car or motorcycle is working properly.
- In the chance that you face weather-related roadblocks and alternate routes, make sure to fill up on gas before you start your pleasure driving.
- Store a storm emergency kit in your car and include things like a flashlight, water, and blankets.
- Slippery roads make stopping and slowing down more difficult, so make sure to slow down in rainy weather.
- If hail and/or strong winds hit, pull over and look for shelter in an underpass. Same goes with tornadoes! As a last resort, find a ravine or ditch to lie down in and cover your neck with your hands.
- If you encounter flooded streets, stay alert and refrain from speeding through the pools of water. Try to find the best possible detour to keep you from losing control of your vehicle in deep water.
- Always be aware of the auto road service offered from your classic insurance agency.
You really can't predict this unpredictable weather, so it's best to always be prepared in order to keep you protected and your collector car insurance rates low!
For great service and superior protection for your vehicle, get a free quote from Classic Auto Ins today!
About the Author
Drew Yagodnik is Vice President of Classic Automobile Insurance Agency, Inc. Classic Automobile Insurance Agency has been protecting collector, classic and exotics since 1992.