July 13, 2012, has been set aside to mark the third annual National Collector Car Appreciation Day through the efforts of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) and the Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA) who are working with Congress to pass US Senate Resolution 513 and 1070. The appreciation day honors the collector car hobby and brings national attention to the importance of the automobile in American history.
Collector Car Appreciation Day will bring many classic car events throughout the country this July. For a list of events by state, check out the SEMA website.
Some featured car happenings include
- July 13 – 2012 SEMA Collector Car Appreciation Day BBQ – Diamond Bar, CA
- July 13 – Drive Your Hot Rod to Work Day – San Antonio, TX
- July 13 – Hemmings’ Annual National Collector Car Day Cruise-in to the Drive-in – Bennington, VT
- July 14 – Collector Car Appreciation Day – Panama City Beach, FL
- July 14 – 2012 Mopar Challenge Series – Albuquerque, NM
- July 13-15 – NMRA/NMCA Super bowl of Street-Legal Drag Racing – Joliet, IL
- July 13-15 – Early Ford V8 Club Swap Meet & Show & Shine – Spokane, WA
- July 19-21 – 31st Annual Corvette Homecoming – Bowling Green, KY
If you’re headed to the Collector Car Appreciation Day, make sure your vintage car is protected with Classic Auto Insurance. Our competitively-priced policies include standard features such as roadside assistance, agreed value, and next term mileage rollover. You can also choose a mileage plan to fit your driving habits. Get your collector car instant insurance quote online today!
About the Author
Drew Yagodnik is Vice President of Classic Automobile Insurance Agency, Inc. Classic Automobile Insurance Agency has been protecting collector, classic and exotics since 1992.