As you’re cruising in your classic car this spring and summer, you may be reminded of the classic car songs that used to dominate the radio in your car’s heyday. Music was in fact written to help sell these classic cars and get interested listeners into the dealerships!
Going down memory lane, here are a few of the old songs that helped popularize classic muscle cars. How many of them can you remember? What songs do you think should make the list?
- Fun Fun Fun by The Beach Boys, featuring the Ford T-Bird
- GTO by Ronny and the Daytonas
- 409 by the Beach Boys, featuring the Chevy 409 engine
- Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody
- Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett
- The Little Old Lady (from Pasadena) by Jan & Dean, featuring a red Super Stock Dodge
- Little Deuce Coupe by The Beach Boys, featuring the 1932 Ford Coupe
- Hey Little Cobra by The Rip Chords, featuring the Shelby Cobra
- Little Red Corvette by Prince
- Pink Cadillac by Bruce Springsteen
Tuning into the local oldies radio station and cruising through town is a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon in the springtime! Be sure that before you gas up your classic, however, that you are protected with classic muscle car insurance from Classic Auto. With our muscle car insurance policies, you can be at ease when you are on the road or at a car show knowing that your investment is secure. Chat online with one of our representatives or apply online for a free instant classic car insurance quote.
About the Author
Drew Yagodnik is Vice President of Classic Automobile Insurance Agency, Inc. Classic Automobile Insurance Agency has been protecting collector, classic and exotics since 1992.