What Do I Need to Do?
The temperatures are finally beginning to warm up and everyone is itching to get out to their first car show of the season. Are you ready? Do you have all your ducks in a row? If you are worried that you don’t, here are a few tips for making sure your next car show goes off without a hitch.
The Devil is in the Details
Choose the right show
– Do your research. Costs for travel and entry fees can put a hole in your wallet if you aren’t careful.
Get your paperwork together
- Have your car registration and proof of insurance handy in addition to your entry fees receipt. Take photos of your car to have in case you need them.
Start up the engine
– Make sure your car is in good running order. Change the oil and fluids. Be sure to check the charge on your battery.
– Start with cleaning the engine and then work on the exterior and interior. Pay attention to the details. The judges and spectators will be looking closely at your car.
– Make sure your car trailer is road ready. Have a fully inflated spare tire and an emergency tool kit ready in case you need them.
Take care of “you,” too
– Pack items that will help make the show a comfortable one for you. Things like coolers, lawn chairs and sunscreen help make the event more enjoyable.
Review your coverage
– Traveling to a car show can have its ups and downs. Be prepared for any emergency by reviewing your car’s insurance coverage.
Your Personalized Car Show Checklist
Do you feel like your head is going to explode with all the to-do’s you have to remember? Let us help you with that. In addition to our nifty infographic that you can share with fellow classic car enthusiasts, we’ve also put together a handy Ultimate Car Show Checklist
for you to download here. Use it to check off all those to-do’s as you do ‘em, and make your next car show a pleasurable experience.
Collector and Classic Car Insurance for Less
It’s hard work restoring a classic car. One thing you won’t have to stress over is insurance. Let our friendly staff at Classic Auto Insurance help you find the right policy for your needs. Visit our website at www.classicins.com
and see how we can help safeguard your dream car.