If you’re a fan of performance cars of all makes and models, you don’t want to miss this year’s annual Hot Rod Power Tour presented by the GM Performance Division. The tour kicks off on June 2nd in Detroit at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford and then continues through six more cities with Arlington, TX, being the final stop on June 8.
The annual event gives the participants a chance to tour the country and show off their performance cars and custom creations as well as meet up with fellow car enthusiasts to compete, race, and network. Cruise Nights will be held in the host cities and feature giveaways, sponsor and staff interviews, vendor booths, and live entertainment. Those who follow the entire route are dubbed “Long Haulers” and are eligible to attend a special ceremony honoring these participants with awards.
The 2012 schedule is as follows:
- Saturday June 2, Detroit (Milford), MI, GM Proving Grounds
- Sunday June 3, Muskegon, MI, Downtown Muskegon
- Monday June 4, Champaign, IL, Assembly Hall, University of Illinois
- Tuesday June 5 – Madison, IL – Gateway Motorsports Park
- Wednesday June 6 – Miami, OK – Buffalo Run Casino
- Thursday June 7 – Stillwater, OK – Kicker Corporate Complex
- Friday June 8 – Arlington, TX – QuikTrip Park
- Saturday June 9 – Long Hauler Awards (*Long Haulers Only) – Location TBA
For more information on this year’s Hot Rod Power Tour, visit the Hot Rod Magazine website.
If you are participating in summer car events with your hot rod, you should make sure you are protected with the best hot rod car insurance. Classic Auto Insurance offers competitive rates and roadside assistance to keep you on the road with your street rod. Contact us today for a free online hot rod insurance quote.
About the Author
Drew Yagodnik is Vice President of Classic Automobile Insurance Agency, Inc. Classic Automobile Insurance Agency has been protecting collector, classic and exotics since 1992.